This information is courtesy of the Mexican Tourism Board|
into Mexico is Illegal
If you take weapons across the border....
- You will become on of the dozens of U.S./Foreign citizens arrested each month for violating Mexico's strict firearm and ammunition laws, whether you knew about the law or not;
- You will go to jail and your vehicle will be seized;
- You will be separated from family, friends and your job, and likely suffer substantial financial hardship;
- You will pay court costs and other fees ranging into the tens of thousands of dollars defending yourself;
- And worst of all, you may get up to a 30-year sentence in a Mexican prison if found guilty.
Remember, once you cross the border with a firearm or ammunition it is too late! Ignorance of this law will not get you leniency from the police. You will be arrested and sent to jail. Also, the Mexican judicial system is governed by Napoleonic Law which states that you are presumed guilty and must prove your innocence, the opposite of the U.S. laws.
Learn about Hunting opportunities and regulations in Mexico.