Applies to technicians or engineers who intend to repair, maintain, or install machinery; train or advise personnel; or to take tools or machinery into Mexico.
1. VALID PASSPORT AND ONE PHOTOCOPY OF PASSPORT
Passport must have at least 6 months of validity remaining. If person is a legal resident of U.S., a copy of the front and back of the alien registration card (green card) is also required. Check with a Mexican consulate (see below) if from another nation.
2. LETTER ADDRESSED TO THE CONSULATE GENERAL OF MEXICO BY THE AMERICAN COMPANY HE/SHE REPRESENTS, ON THE OFFICIAL COMPANY LETTERHEAD STATING THE FOLLOWING:
A. Specific purpose of the trip in Mexico.
B. That applicant's salary will be paid in the U.S.
C. Time requested and length of stay in Mexico.
3. A LETTER OR LETTERS FROM THE COMPANY / COMPANIES IN MEXICO, ADDRESSED TO THE COMPANY IN THE U.S.A., REQUESTING THE SERVICE OF THE TECHNICIAN OR ENGINEER AND THE ACTIVITIES TO BE PERFORMED.
4. TWO (2) PASSPORT FRONT VIEW PHOTOS IN COLOR.
NO AUTOMATIC MACHINE PHOTOS WILL BE ACCEPTED.
5. COMPLETED APPLICATION FORM.
One hundred and fifty six ($156.00) U.S. dollars paid in cash only - no money orders, company, personal or cashier's check will be accepted.
7. A COPY OF THE COMPANIES BUSINESS LICENSE. MUST NOT BE EXPIRED.
IF REQUESTING A RENEWAL, CURRENT DOCUMENTS AND PHOTOS MUST BE PRESENTED AGAIN.
*Last updated may 2010
Birth Certificate (FAST), and your Birth Records, from ANYWHERE -- All U.S. States, Mexico, etc.
Applications accepted at Mexican consulates.
Applicants must apply in person between 8am and 12 noon, Monday-Friday.
Please allow document to take 24 hrs. for processing.